Thursday, March 27, 2003

VCD update:

So last night, I got to thinking about something I saw on Dotto's Data Cafe. On one of his segments, he made a litte video on his computer and then made it into a video cd. He said that most DVD players will play VCDs. This is where the stroke of genius hit me. For those of use who have small monitors, we can just burn our movies, be they home movies or *chough*pirated*cough* and then watch them on a DVD player.

It seems to take quite awhile (over an hour on mine), because the computer has to change the format of the movie to VCD format, but now I don't have to drag my computer into the other room if I want to watch a movie on the tv. Another problem, besides the fact that it takes quite awhile is that the cd's only hold 70 minutes or so, and most movies are more than 70 minutes long, so you have to burn each half of the movie onto a separate disk. (Which is probably why they are almost always in two halves anyway.)

Silly Protestors

I found a link about protestors that I really liked, and even somewhat agree with.

Vistors:

I would also like to say welcome to Bernadette, quite possibly the first person to post a shoutout, besides people who actually can just make regular posts. While I'm on the topic of people who just happen upon this site, feel free to post a shout out. I'd be interested to know a little about you, like where you are from. If you don't want to use your real name, that's fine, but please try to be consistant with made up names and try to stay honest about where you are from. (We have ways about checking this sort of thing.... Muuahhhaaa) Oh yeah, if you don't mind telling us how you found this little blog of ours that would be great too.

-Gary Milner

No comments: