Sunday, March 23, 2003

Phrases that I don't like Update:

I have come to the conclusion that I no longer like the phrase "the events of", it's over-used. Why not just say what actually happened or what is actually happening. If you want to say something about the terrorist attacks that happened on september 11th. Just say the terrorist attacks on september 11th, not the events of september 11th, or if you want to talk about the war in Iraq, why say the events in Iraq, when you can say, "the war in Iraq"? It doen't make sense, it's as if people are afraid to vocalize (to make vocal, in non-latinizing terms) ideas that they find uncomfortable. Obviously, everyone will know what you are talking about, but why beat around the bush? It's my opinion that if you do that you will never get past the thing you are uncomfortable with.

That's why I'm making this complaint.

-Gary Milner

No comments: