Monday, March 24, 2003

Sending Iraqi Diplomats Packing etc.

I don't think that we should send the diplomats away. I mean why would we? Because the American say so? Not bloody likely. They are in a war with Iraq, we're not let them fight their own battles. As far as not going to war alongside the USA, didn't it take two years for them to join us in WW2? But I guess that's different because everyone in the whole world could see and understand that Hitler was attacking other countries, not just the USA.

This may seem to be a very cold post, but let me say that I do feel sorry for the families of the American soldiers who have died and who will die, over the course of this war. I also feel sorry for those poor schmucks on the Iraqi side who have to fight back. They're really in between a rock and a hard place. They could be killed for not fighting, just as easily as not.

The worst part of the whole matter is what is happening to the citizens. What about them, are they suddenly fine? No one has asthma or diabetes anymore? No one falls down and breaks their arm and needs to go to the hospital? What do they eat? How can they go to the market when there are hundreds of 1000-3000 lbs bombs darkening the sky and raining down on them? I'll bet not one of them says, "I'll go to market in the shade."

The military and media make a huge point to exclaim that their weapons are laser precise. Sorry that's just a bunch of bs. The only thing as presice as a laser is another laser (or possibly sharks with lasers on their heads.) Admitadly the biggest explosion I have seen is 10lbs of TNT. I was a little less than half a kilometer away, but it was still necassary to plug my ears to avoid ringing in my ears. No imagine a bomb 300 times that big. Sure it only blows up the radio tower 2 blocks away, but what about the 3 or 4 hundred people who are now bleeding out their ears? Are you willing to say, "I guess, to put it bluntly, that's their problem.”

Not me. I have used my experience to decide for myself what is right and what is wrong.

-Gary Milner

No comments: