Friday, March 14, 2003

Exciting News

Mmm, pie. Well, other than being pi day, today is arguably the most exciting day of my life. That's right, today I made my last ever magazine payment and I feel fabulous. For those of you who don't know, I was taken serious advantage of a few years ago and tricked into signing up for FOUR YEARS worth of magazines. Once a month for the past four years, $11.92 has been snatched out of my account to finance these stupid magazines that just go straight into the garbage. They called me a few weeks ago to see if I wanted to renew my subscription for another 2 years. Now, I'm not usually the swearing kind, but I do believe that if that telephone conversation had been aired on tv, they would have had to bleep out 80% of it. It would have been just like the Jerry Springer show - minus the trailor trashiness.

Movie Review

Last night Gary and I went to see Willard, the one about the guy who controls the rats. Well, I don't even know where to begin. There are many things that I could say about this movie, but the word "disturbing" I think sums it up the best. Though I would like to hear everyone's opinions of the movie, I highly recommend that you save your money. I usually like weird, different kinds of movies, and even movies where the bad guys triumph, but this one was just too out there and so very, very disturbing. Overall, I'd give it a 5.2, and that's marked up only because a day later my mind is still boggled just thinking about it. Any movie that still has you in a tizzy the next day is certainly worth something.

No comments: