Thursday, March 13, 2003

One reason you haven't heard the last from me is this: everyone else that contributes to this log tells about the stuff they are learning in their University classes. Well don't think I didn't learn a thing or two when I was going to University. For instance, in a psychology class I once took they told us that one of the greatest mistakes you can make in a marriage is to not communicate with your partner about things that are bothering you thus allowing things to build up to a point where you finally explode and say or do something quite drastic and then your partner is left wondering why the heck you reacted so violently over something so trivial. Well up until the other day this hasn't been much of a problem for me, even though I never complain about anything. But I guess with even the most patient of people bad luck is eventually bound to catch up with you. Here's what happened. Some time ago I brought the vise-grip pliers into the house to fix something. When the job was done I kept forgetting to take them back out to the garage. Jane kept nagging me to take them out to the garage but I kept on forgetting. Then she mentioned it one time too often. I didn't say anything to her. I just grabbed the vise-grips and started out to the garage with them. When I opened the front door who do you think I saw but a gosh danged Jehovah Witness getting ready to ring the doorbell. My temper has been building up slowly over the years with those guys too. Well that was the last straw. Impulsively and without thinking I reached out with the vise-grips and snapped them onto the J.W.s privates. He lets out a loud yell and falls back over the little wall by the steps, then gets up and runs screaming down the street with the vise-grips bouncing up and down. You can imagine how that must have hurt. I knew then that I would be in big trouble for assault but I quickly hatched a plan. I phoned the police and reported the vise-grips stolen by the J.W. Luckily the police said that they were able to spot the man running thus verifying his guilt but they were unable to catch him. This is the kind of thing that can happen when you allow things to build up inside you. The good thing about the whole situation was that clamping the vise-grips onto the J.W. released the pressure real good.


No comments: