Wednesday, March 12, 2003

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!

I've been alive for 24 years to the day. As a kid I remember thinking that being 24 would be so old. Now I'm thinking, "man 24 is so young, I haven't even started to live life yet". But seriously as I sit here and reflect on what it's like to be almost a quarter of a century old, I can't help but think only three more quarters to go. I think I will make a hundred. It wouldn't be that hard. Some of the things that increase your odds of living long are having a pet or getting married. They say that marriage specifically adds 10 years to your life expectancy! However I'm just not interested in marriage yet. Twenty-four is how old Mom was when she got married so it's not like I'm too young. The thing is, when it comes right down to it, I think I'm happy the way I am. Don't get me wrong, I really love Anna-Maria and don't want to break up with her at all, but I'm not ready to settle down and start having kids. If living my life the way I do is against statistics then that's fine by me. Bring on the Grim Reaper and we'll stare each other down - eye to eye. I am not afraid to live my life to the fullest and as for statistics - I think they are for wimps.

Linux Geek Update

As promised here is the report on my evening at the Linux meeting. First off I was surprised at the very high ratio of girls there. It may have been as high as 1 girl for every 10 guys! Ok, it wasn't as geeky as a Star Trek convention and only one person came dressed up as a klingon. (Actually I'm not sure he was dressed up). Ok but seriously I actually had a good time. I skipped supper specifically because I thought there would be pizza there, but there was such a huge turn out that it was all gone before it was my turn to go up and get some. I did learn a few things though and I'm planning on setting up my own Linux server on the old Pentium 130. I plan to setup a blog server so that we can choose to host this site there (depending on how good the connection actually turns out to be and how well the software works.)

Disneyland Auditions

Anna-Maria and I are strongly considering going to Edmonton on the 28th of March to audition for a job at Disneyland. I would have to get a working visa first though and I am not sure if that will be possible, given the short amount of time I have to do it. It would be really cool to work at Disneyland though. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: