Monday, March 03, 2003

Culture Jamming

Is it wrong to block ads on my free site? I feel so conflicted. I would make this post longer but I need to get to school, so here is some food for thought.

Ok just one other thing. I was reading the adbuster's site and came across this (scroll down to the bottom or just read it here):

"Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more" (Isaiah 2:4).

Now don't get me wrong. I don't think western powers should be attacking Iraq either. But I just want to point out that the scriptural quote out of the Old Testament is taken way out of context. In fact, the actual context would imply that wars are a part of our lives today and only when Isaiah's prophesy is fulfilled will nations stop going to war against each other. That's my rant for the day - so far (the day is young).

No comments: