Saturday, March 01, 2003

Roommate News

My roommate came home last night. This is the first roommate that rarely shows his face. He's the best roommate ever. Anyway he came home sometime around 4:00 in the morning. He's not exactly sure when - I guess he may have been a little intoxicated. I didn't even realize he was here until I got up to go swimming. After swimming I came home and he told me that last night he got into a huge bar fight with 4 other guys. Apparently one of them hit his girlfriend, and he retaliated - well three other guys got into the fight and as Scott relates the story, he tells me that he kicked all four of their [aces]. I guess they never realized he is a bouncer and used to be in Karate. He didn't look bad at all as far as cuts or bruises go, but he was really sort of mad about the fact that they ripped his favorite shirt.

Room Mate News Part Duex

Jason is gone to Calgary. He is having his girlfriend? look after the rabbit. Speaking of the rabbit it was beginning to really STINK! For some reason I wasn't sure if it was the rabbit or Jason, so I didn't say anything. Luckily for me Anna-Maria mentioned to him that it was time for him to clean out the cage. He asked, "Does it really smell?" When Anna confirmed that yes she could smell it right when she walked in the door he just responded that, "I must be immune to it". You wouldn't believe how much better my house smells now.

Tepee Prize

I forgot to mention that when I was in Medicine Hat and I was pulling out of the drive way I heard on the radio that they were giving out free film as a prize. What you had to do was find the lady in the Taco Time cruiser and viola - you win! I thought well that would be nice but I'll never win anything like that, but then she said I'm in Southridge at the Tepee. Things couldn't have worked out much better for me, so I drove right over there and won a free 24 roll of film and two tickets to the play, "Noises Off". I haven't decided if I'm actually going to take Anna-Maria yet (it's showing in Medicine Hat this weekend and next weekend only) because I don't know how much I want to be driving that road. (As you will see what I mean soon).

Swimming in the Hat

There is a swim meet in Medicine Hat on the 14th and 15th. I really should enter it but that will mean going to Medicine Hat two weekends in a row. I'm sure Mom and Dad will be so happy. The other reason that I sort of don't want to enter this meet is because I'll have to pay the $30 entry fee, not to mention I'm kind of out of shape from not practicing much lately. I better bite the bullet and just go.

Anna-Maria's Audition in Calgary

Anna-Maria is auditioning for York University on Monday in Calgary. I don't think I'll go because that will mean skipping more swim practices and missing my music 1000 class. She is pretty excited and a little stressed out about it. I'm confident that she will do great. She has to read two monologues and sing for them. Probably the worst part for her, if this is actually true, is that she heard that the auditions are done with everyone that is auditioning watching all the others preform. She thinks that's quite mean of them... and is specifically concerned about how she will feel if someone else preforms the same monologue or song as her. I told her, just do it better than them. I have such good advice don't I?

Dinner at the New Spring Family Restaurant

Last night Anna-Maria, her friend Linlee (I can never remember how to spell her name) and I went to the Theatre Xtra play called, "The Transfiguration of Benno Blimpie". It was a serious play about a fat boy who is picked on and has a less than wonderful family life. Ah, I don't think I'd recommend seeing this one because frankly it's pretty depressing. Anyway before the show, we went for Chinese food (which incidentally reminds me what I'm going to have for lunch). We ran into Tracie's grandma, grandpa, and cousins. They told me to say hi to Gary and Tracie, "Hi guys". That my blog reading friends about wraps up this very long post.

No comments: