Saturday, March 08, 2003

Moustache Update:

Well the Moustache has been an amazing success. It caused a hugh stir amoung my friends at the University, and even in a few of my classes. I really enjoyed having it. I still have it, but after 3 days, the novelty is wearing off.

The problem is with the people I don't know. Sure a few people walking down the hall have appeared like they are trying not to laugh, and that's great. But my problem is with people I don't know, who don't know that my moustache is a conversation piece. They don't know that they are supposed to ask about it, or make a joke about it. I don't like the way some people seem to think that it is a serious moustache. But really what could they do? What if it actually was a serious moustache and they made fun of it?

So today, after I take pictures, it's coming off.

Medicine Hat Update

Tracie and I headed to Medicine Hat last night for a visit. I'd just like to register a complaint to the entire Internet about people who comment on the state of roads without actually knowing the state of roads. In Canada (where I live) it snows alot during winter. Snow on the roads makes driving a little more treacherous. In Canada(where I still live) there are big vehicles called snow plows. Snow plows, plow the snow off the roads. It takes 3 hours (more or less) to drive from Calgary to Medicine Hat. Therefore if the snow plows start plowing, 3 hours (more or less) later the entire highway will be free of snow in about 3 hours. This leads me to believe that many people who say, "The roads are bad" don't actually know if the roads are bad or not. If the person had just arrived after traveling the highway, I would believe him/her. If they had traveled the highway say the night before, I probably would not believe them because of the aforementioned snow plows. Most people how ever just assume that since it's winter the roads are automatically bad. Maybe they are just making conversation, but maybe they are being serious. Really the best thing for me to do then, is assume that they genuinely are concerned about my well being, thank them and ignore their advise when it is somewhat clear that they don't know what they are talking about.

"I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art."
-Kahlil Gibran,

No comments: