Saturday, March 22, 2003

Jeff Milner Commentary on the War

According to CNN.com 21 deaths have been confirmed among coalition troops -- 14 Britons and 7 Americans. Pretty good considering half of them were killed in a helicopter crash which was an accident. The war (according to the media) is going according to plan so far, but I still think their will be more trouble and more deaths as the ground forces get closer to Baghdad.

Oh and in case you were following the boycott of French products, rest assured your favorite mustard is not actually French.

Computer Help

I talked to Mom on the phone this morning. She wanted some help with the settings in Eudora. I don't think she ever did get everything fixed, but hopefully she is happy now that she got that Austin Powers sound changed back to the default Eudora sound. I guess, "You got mail! Yeah baby" would get irritating after the first time you heard it.

WSI / Swim Related Update

I applied for a job at the Max Bell pool. I'd rather work there than the other places that I've been applying because they pay much more money! I have completed about half of the 10 hours I need co-teaching to complete the course and yesterday Pat, the guy that does the hiring, came up to me and asked me to be a timer for a life guarding competition that the Max Bell is hosting. I think the fact that he knows my name and asked me is a good sign. So that's what I'll be doing next weekend.

Nasty Water

The water in Lethbridge tastes bad. It has tasted bad for about a week now. I think it is from all the spring run off, but the river seems really low. More updates as they come. Have a good Saturday.

No comments: