Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Stupid computers

I had a really good post, and then I accidentally hit "back" and it disappeared. We re-join it now, already in progress.

....RECTUM? HELL, IT NEARLY KILLED HIM!


Well ok that's not really what I had written, but I thought it was funny.

Self Portraits

Before I went to Argentina, my opinion of taking a photo of yourself while holding the camera was: Don't do it. It almost always looks dumb because it's hard to aim a camera if you're not looking through the lens. I have seen countless people do it and I absolutely thought that it was a waste of film and more importantly money. Then I was in Argentina just after the world cup held in France, and I did it. I broke down and took a photo of myself, without using the self timer. There was no slow then fast flashing of the little light. Just a camera held at arm's length.

Really I don't know what came over me. I think I only did it that once. But now, I have access to so many more cameras. Four at my work, and three at home. I do it all the time I love it and I do it with Tracie too. Even when she's driving on the highway and that's just plain dangerous.

But to the point. Today, Russ Dyck, aka Rustic, had his Canon D10 in the darkroom, because you don't leave a $3000 camera lying around. Obviously. The problem is that there are several people who have keys to the darkroom. I am one of them, and I love playing with cameras. Especially expensive cameras.

When he downloads his pics, he's in for a surprise. A great surprise. A surprise involving me. If he doesn't delete the pics right away, I might post a couple of them.

-Gary Milner Really Big Internet Surprise

No comments: