Saturday, September 20, 2003

Stupid Computers Continue to Annoy ME

Well, I rode the bus for an hour today to go work on my internet auction site. My partner was an hour late. The tech's still haven't fixed what ever problems they are having with the computers.

I cannot get any of part of my auction site to load in the lab. I sincerely hope that there are no graduates of the U of C, working as part of the U of C IS department. It would mean that the university cannot teach people how to fix computers, how to manage computers or solve computer problems.

Apparently the problems are campus wide. Several viruses all hit in rapid succession, and besides that the various networks on campus are too large to fix in one fell swoop, so while one gets fixed, the other networks somehow break it again. This has been going on since the start of school.

Admittedly, several thousands of additional users probably puts a lot of strain on the infrastructure, the new students come every year, and as far as I'm concerned reimaging the computer lab where I was going to work on my site did more harm to me than it did good to the network.

-Gary Milner

ps. arrrr

No comments: