Thursday, April 10, 2003

Wrapping up school:

Well, I had my last in class test today. Now all that remains is an Assignment, a presentation, two take home finals, and a final exam on the 29th. The last issue of my newspaper came out today; I laid out a page for it last night. I don't think it was as good as the first two that I made, but then again, I didn't take the photos or write the story this time. The spoof issue has been printed. It looks a lot better printed on fancy paper; it looks just like a real national geographic, except with a lot less pages. Over all I am really happy with it. I'll post a link to it when they put it online. The next paper doesn't come out until May 15. Apparently, an editor at the Gateway, at the University of Alberta, scored an internship with Maxim because they spoofed it a year or two ago. The guy didn't even really have much to do with the actual making of the spoof.

I had a shouting match with the new entertainment editor at the paper last night. He was trying to get one of the girls to look at some Japanese pr0n that involved shooting diarrhea, but she didn't want to look so he tried to force her to look. I yelled at him pretty loud, and told him off. A bunch of stuff that no means no, have some respect for women, and that he was quickly moving from sexual harassment to sexual assault and that it would suck pretty bad for him to get banned from the office before his term even started. I guess that this offended him pretty bad, because he tried to lip me off by saying, "Sorry Daddy" to me, but really I wouldn't be the one expelled (non-academic misconduct) and arrested for getting my jollies from making a girl look at some really nasty Japanese pr0n. I'd post a link, but I don't want anyone to be scarred by it. Anyway, I told the editor in chief, (I kind of feel like a tattletale, but the guy really made me mad for some reason. I was so disgusted by the image I guess and then when he was muscling that girl into looking at it...) The EIC, told him off too, and apparently the guy feels pretty bad about it.

Kirsten (a writer at the Gauntlet) applauded my efforts in sticking up for the other girl, which really made my day. I think she might read this sight, and she has her own site, but I don't have the url.

Anyway, Tracie is getting hungry, and we are having a barbeque. I guess you have to be a man to cook steaks (or maybe her little arms won't reach the grill) so I have to go now. More on spring in Calgary to follow...

No comments: