Friday, April 25, 2003

Take home exams aren't all that they are cracked up to be. I had one last year, that was basically a two page paper. It was really easy, and that was pretty nice, but the two I did this year were killer. One was a 10 page paper, and I only had a week to do it, but it was over easter, and the other exam was due 4 days before, so I really only had 3 days to do it. I would way rather be stuck in a gym or classroom for 3 hours.

Anyway, I have at least one story (that I can still remember) to share. A week or two ago, I got a message from a girl at CJSW, the campus radio station. She wanted a photo of a concert that they had promoted, and that we (the Gauntlet) had photographed. I phoned her, quickly dialing, got an answering machine and started to leave a message. About halfway through my message this girl picks up the phone.

I said, "Is Lisa there?"

She said, "no."

I said, "Is this Lisa's house?"

She said, "No."

I said, "Does Lisa live here?"

By this point I can tell that the girl is getting really confued. She says, "I don't know."

I say, "What do you mean you don't know, either she does, or she doesn't"

Then she says, "Gary?"

I say, "Is this Tracie?"

It was Tracie! The radio girl's number was 220-6563 and my number is 202-5653. Tracie had just got off the night shift, and thought that I was playing a little trick on her. I told her that I had to go and basically hung up on her. Boy was she ever confused. She had no idea what just happened.

No comments: