Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Future Shop


I made one of these photos using photoshop. Two of these photos were unedited in photoshop. Guess which photo is the one that I made with the computer and which two were made using only $5500.00 worth of camera. Adam said that he was going to comment on the cost of the computer, operating system and photoshop cost.

I got a call today from the Future Shop HR person, she said that I will be starting tomorrow morning (Apr. 1) at 10:00am at the store on Macleod Trail, by the Chinook Mall. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I make the cutoff, and can start getting paid right away.
I haven't even started and I am already looking forward to my first check.

I guess I'll mostly be starting with training cds for the first little while or what ever they have ready for the supervisor trainee people already. I'm pretty sure that I'll also be shadowing manager types for the first little while. There are probably a bunch of forms and store tours to do too. It will be really nice to be working. For those of you who don't know, a lot of large companies have purchased or made training cds to help train new staff. It involves reading long boring paragraphs and watching videos of people interacting with each other in a business setting. Now I won't know untill tomorrow what it will be like at the Future Shop, but at the Royal Bank where I used to work, the training videos were pretty dull, and really commen sense type topics. I guess that I will just have to put up with it, because personal experience has taught me that I am pretty much the only one with any sense, common, horse, or other.