Friday, April 02, 2004

Work

I've been working at the Future Shop for two days. It's weird being new, but have most of the kids acknowledge that you are going to be their boss. I don't really seem old enough to be a boss, especially since they all already know what they are doing.

My first day, I did their training cds. They were way better than the ones they have at the Royal Bank, but thankfully there were only two. I finished them both in the morning. In the afternoon I got acquainted with their point of sale system. It's relatively simple. Returns are slightly more complicated, because you have to worry about how long ago the purchase was made, etc. Even then, they sometimes make returns, so really it could be a matter of luck in some cases. Really knowing their policy really helps, but that is easier said than done.

All in all, I think that I will really enjoy working there. The people seem really fun, and it is a fast paced environment. They all say how fast the people advance which is great.

They got me all set up in the computer, so I will getting paid for my first three days on Thursday, because Friday is a holiday. It looks like we might be able to go to Medicine Hat for Easter after all.

Oh, and our TV died last night. I wonder if they will let me take my employee discount before my 3 months is up.

-Gary Milner,