Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Big News

Firstly, I got offered a job last night. I am calling to accept it when I am done this post. It's a little less money than I had hoped for but there is a 15% bonus if the store meets its goal, and there is a employee discount. If the store exceeds it's goal, there is a 30% bonus.

They also say that you can move up very quickly. They are building a ton of new stores all the time. Now that Best Buy (the Future Shop's parent company) is moving into Canada the growth is only going to get faster. Anyway, at the very least it will be great experience for me to open my own store, what ever that store ends up being.

Second Big News
I got my dual monitor set up going the other day. It's pretty sweet. I wish I had gotten it working years ago. I think I might never go back to only one monitor. Even when I get a 20+ inch monitor, having a second monitor is sweet. Especially since you can get 15 inchers for like $20 second hand. I got mine free as a hand me down from my parents. It was really nice of them.

They are also bringing me up a desk in the near future for my second computer, and possibly for Amy's playstation/TV. It will be very nice to get all that crap off the floor.

What I Am Going To Do With The Money From My New Job.
In order of perceived need.
1. New Car, probably a civic, but we're going to test drive a jetta, possibly a passat, a corolla, a mini (mostly for fun), and an accord.
2. Couches.
3. Kitchen Table and Chairs
4. Bed
5. Hard wood floor/kitchen tile
And if there is any money left over, student loans (maybe, but probably not.)