Friday, March 26, 2004

Press Conference With Ralph Klein

I went to another press conference attended by the premiere today. It was at the Petroleum Club downtown. One of the guests donated $10 million dollars to the Alberta Bone and Joint Institute to help start it up. The other millionaires in the club felt that $10 million warranted a 30 second standing ovation. I said to the PR guy, "Any where else $10 mil would have merited a lot more clapping."

As the millionaires continued congratulating themselves on being such good people a reporter for a major paper said to me, "The guy makes more than that on tax deductions alone, and he thinks he's doing so much for the community."

Here's a quote from Klein, "There are only two ways to raise money for something like this. Number 1 take money from some other government funded program, like education. Try telling that to the teachers. Number 2 increase taxes..." It was at that exact moment, I anticipated him finishing by saying to the millionaires, "Try telling that to you guys." He never did, but I think everyone would have gotten a good laugh out of it.

I'm adding this composite of three photos that I took of Klein last week. Adam put them all together. Everyone in the office got a good laugh out of it. Adam did a really nice job of it. I liked it so much in fact that I made one of myselft. Chris Tait did the photos for me, and Adam showed me how to do it.

The one I made has a lot more frames, and I didn't align my face to my head as well as Adam did for Ralph, but I am entertained by it anyway. If the rest of you don't like it, you can lump it.

Nothing classes up a website like a good animated gif.

-Gary Milner,

No comments: