Monday, March 08, 2004

Weekend Visit

Tracie and I went to Medicine Hat on the weekend, to have our taxes done. We're getting about $3000 less than we had been hoping, but it means that we are only paying about %6 taxes. We would be getting a lot more back, but you can only transfer $10,000 worth of school credits to your spouse. That leaves me with a little over $10,000 school tax credits for next year.

On our way back from Medicine Hat, we decided that we are going on diets. I came to the conclusion, that I want to eat more than to lose weight and that as an incentive to move from 245lbs to a mere 200lbs by New Years Eve, if I reach my goal I will be allowed to buy myself a new camera. I'm giving myself a budget of $1000 for every 10lbs that I lose if I am able to do it.

If Tracie reaches her goal, we are going on a trip to Europe. We think that even if we don't have the money, we will go for it, because it will be worth it to have lost all that weight.

I am soliciting pledges, that only need to be paid if we are able to meet our goal.

One more thing, If we are within 10lbs or so of our goals, we agreed that we would have shown enough determination to warrant an extra month or so. think about it, if you lose 30 lbs, you are pretty dedicated. Losing the weight is more important than the money, in any event and if this is the motivation that we need, so be it.

-Fat Gary, soon to be Skinny Gary.

ps. I ate my lunch at 10:30, and I am starting to regret it. I'll just have to get a drink of water.

No comments: