Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Elvis Diet

I think your face looks thinner. Are you losing weight or what?
-Bob milner


Yes, I am losing weight. On March 8th, I wrote that I was starting a diet. I am the type of person that tries to avoid talking about dieting unless I am actually going to be losing weight. Like Elvis says, "A Little Less Conversation, A Little More Action."

It is my opinion that people who talk about diets, but don't actually ever lose weight are bores. What's the point? Really what I'm trying to say is a cross between, "put up or shut up" and "show me the money!" possibly with a little "Just do it" and "talk is cheap".

I've lost about 6lbs since I started my diet. If I pace myself at one lb per week, I will reach my goal by New Year's eve. I started by eating less than I normally would. For example I have not eaten any potatoe chips in 16 days, I have only had 500ml pops instead of super big gulps, and at the Gauntlet I only had 4 pieces of pizza instead of 6, and 1 piece of cake instead of 2.

Tracie and I have been going on walks almost everyday for the last two weeks, for about an hour a day (between 4km and 6km). Today we went for a 6km jog. We'll probably go for a 4km jog tomorrow. We joined the running room and are taking a running clinic in two weeks.

-Gary Milner

No comments: