Wednesday, March 24, 2004

How To Lose Weight Redux

Your body reaches an equilibrium weight using the amount you move around and the amount you eat. If you eat less than you normally would, the equilibrium is not balanced, and you lose weight. If you move around more, the equilibrium is not balanced, and you lose weight. If you do both, the balance is even more off, and you lose weight even faster.

Some people have to literally work at being as fat as they are by constantly eating. If they went from super overeating to just plain overeating, they would lose weight. Tracie has told me about people who are so fat that it takes 4 firemen to get them onto the bed in the Hospital. They lose up to a hundred pounds LAYING IN BED! Where's the exercise there?

A person who drinks a big gulp every day would lose weight simply by walking to the 7eleven to get the big gulp. They wouldn't even have to give up the big gulp if they did it consistently. This isn't even out of the question, because there is a sev on every corner. One wouldn't even have to go for that long of a walk.

My complaint is that more people whine and complain about being fat than actually do a single thing about it. In reality, I would rather eat than be skinny as well. This is why if I lose 40 more pounds, I am taking my credit card and spending $4000 on a new camera for myself. I would rather be skinny and have a camera than continue eating too much. If Tracie does it, we are going to Europe.

I am down 6 or so lbs. Tracie is down 3lbs. We only have to lose a pound a week to make it by New Year's eve.

It is a physical impossibility to eat less and not lose weight, it is also a physical impossibility to exercise more and not lose weight, cet. par.

No comments: