Monday, March 08, 2004

Family Chub Club

Well, as Gary already mentioned, we are now on a weight-loss crusade. I plan to finish school (3 more weeks) before I fully immerse myself in the new project, but only because I have a hard time focusing on two things at once.

As preparation for losing 45 pounds each, we have enrolled in a class at the Running Room starting in April. I figure this will motivate me more than just telling myself I have to work out on my own. I'm pretty excited about it though. There are weekly classes where they teach you about proper footwear, nutrition, running in hot/cold weather and things like that, as well as group runs. A friend of mine from work joined last year and she said she's lost 12 pounds since September without trying or doing anything else besides running. So I figure I should lose at least two or three times that much if I actually try.

Well, hopefully this isn't just something I say I'll do but then don't. I figure that the incentives to go on a trip and get a camera will be enough for us. I mean, if someone offers you $4500 to lose weight, it seems ridiculous to say "No thanks, I'd rather stay fat".

-Tracie, going to Europe

No comments: