Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fare thee well, Sydney


Harbour
Originally uploaded by Tracie Milner.
Well Sydney, I am sad to be writing a goodbye letter to you since I hardly even got to know you. I haven't even left yet, but I miss you already.

Sydney is a beautiful city, there's no doubt about that. Of all the cities I've seen in Oz, this one has probably been the one to take my breath away the most. That being said, most of the cities and towns that I've visited here have had some appeal.

Strolling along the Yarra in the evening in Melbourne was spectacular... Overlooking Hobart and the Tasman bridge from Mt Wellington was a sight to behold... and for sure taking in the beauty of the sunset over the Indian Ocean at Cottesloe beach in Perth is something that I'm looking forward to seeing again.

Although the world is a lot smaller than I once thought it was, I can't help but think that there's just too much to do and see to fit into one life time. It's a bit overwhelming. Everyday that goes by is like sand slipping through my fingers. I can tell it's slipping and there's nothing I can do about it. Well...

I'm a bit emotional these days. Although I'm having a wonderful time, it's just going by so quickly. Tonight I fly to Perth.

-Tracie

No comments: