Wednesday, October 20, 2004

No more kinks

I woke up with a kink in my neck yet again this morning, and I decided that it was going to be the last time. We hopped in the car right after breakfast and went over to Sears to look for some new pillows.

I normally like shopping at Sears, or any department store really, because I like looking around at all of the cool stuff. But the thing I hate more than anything- the thing that will actually deter me from shopping in any store- is talking to me. I'm not exaggerating when I say that within five minutes of looking at pillows, at least 5 people came up to ask how we were doing. This has happened to me in many stores, but never Sears. It was crazy.

"Oh, are you looking for a four star feather pillow?"....."I see you're looking at down filled pillows, did you know that we have a sale on that brand over there?....." These questions just annoy the crap out of me. If you want to get me to stop looking at your stuff, keep it up. As soon as a salesperson comes up and asks how I'm doing, I'll put down whatever I'm looking at and say "I'm just looking" and walk away. Even if I actually was interested in that item, I don't really want to talk about it with them.

That being said, we found some nice pillows and got out of there. I can't wait to go to sleep tonight.

-Tracie

No comments: