Monday, October 11, 2004

Chores

Tracie and I have recently taken a more structured approach to dividing the chores. She is in charge of the dishes, and I am in charge of the laundry.

Let me tell you, it is working out wonderfully. For the last few days there hasn't been huge piles of clothes or dishes. I know that I got the good end of the deal. I admit that, yes, we do have a dishwasher, but not all the dishes get washed in it. All of our clothes get washed in the washing machine. This means that I can be washing and blogging at the same time, or folding and watching TV at the same time. You can't do either of those things while you are washing a pot.

Tracie thinks she got the good end of the deal but she is wrong. Realistically washing dishes shouldn't be as bad as it is, I mean you were just eating the stuff on those plates and washing them really only involves adding soap and water. But there is just something completely awful about it. I just loath sticking my hands into dishwater. I loath standing there. I loath drying the dishes off afterwards, although that is by far the least awful part of the process if you don't include putting the dishes away.

In any case, I'm glad it's Tracie stuck doing the dishes right now, not me.

-Gary

No comments: