Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Day Off

I'm working this Saturday, and so I have today off. I spent most of the morning surfin the web, but at around noon, I got out for a jog. I went for about 6km and it only took me 40 minutes, a personal best.

The jogging is getting a lot better, and I am really starting to enjoy it. I've come to the conclusion that the reason I hated running for years is that I only ever did it about once a year, and I pushed myself way too hard. This time, I started out slowly. Tracie and I went on long walks for two weeks before I even went jogging once. Then we alternated jogging and walking for another week. Losing 10 lbs right away also helped quite a bit. I do know that I am going to have to step it up a notch if I am going to lose another 30 by New Year's.

When I got back from the jog, I mowed the lawn very closely to prepare for spring. Tracie and I bought some fertalizer and a spreader last night. Tracie is really into having a nice yard like her Dad. I'm happy if I can get around to mowing it every week. Tracie Dreams of moving into a new house with a huge yard. I just think about who is going to have to do the yard work. (I wish I would have known that being sexist was going to come back and bite me in the butt.)

I'm picking Tracie up in a little while to go test drive a couple of cars. It's looking like we may be getting a new car pretty soon. We need one pretty bad. I'm really partial to getting another Civic, but the Accord that we tested in Medicine Hat was so nice. I also think that we should probably test a few other brands. I'll post pics as soon as we make the purchase.

-Gary

No comments: