Sunday, April 18, 2004

Car and Job

We went to test a standard transmission Civic the other day. It was really nice, one of the nicest things being the fact that it is so quiet. You can hardly hear the engine and none of the parts rattled at all. The biggest problem with buying it would have been the fact that Honda also makes an ugly vehicle called the Element. I'm almost ashamed to buy another Honda because of it.

The second biggest problem is the general distrust of salesmen that we have. We don't know how we can trust the salesman. Obviously we would rather pay $17,000 than $18,000, but for all we know $18,000 is an honest price. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what the honest price is.

The other day at work, they wanted to put me on phones for eight hours. Let me tell you that it was the worst 15 minutes of my entire life. Seriously. I would have rather gone through any other bad event in my life than work the phones for more than 20 minutes. Including all the dental work I have ever had combined. I told them if they were going to make me answer the phones for 8 hours straight, I would quit on the spot, and I was dead serious.

I have also decided that I will not be taking any phone calls at home. You may now all contact me via textual formats only.

-Gary Milner,

No comments: