Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Stay Humble... Always Answer Your Phone No Matter Who Else Is In The Car

I was on phones for a large part of the day. It wasn't as bad as the first day. Having someone show me how to work the phone was a big help. The calls were few and far between today, only about one a minute or so. Answering the phones is now a task on par with a death, not actually a fate worse than death.

While I am able to deal with being on the phone for hours at a time, I am starting a group called Citizens Raging Against Phones. It will be dedicated to helping the world stop using phones.

There are several bad parts about the phones are the people who ask for the "Electronics Dept". Now it seems to me that all the Future Shop sells is *Electronics*. Tonight I had a guy yell at me after the store had closed because his computer has been in for repairs for 3 days (There are signs all over the store that say there is a minimum 12 day wait) and that he had been trying for over three hours too get in touch with a tech and now at 9:00pm they all went home? I told him, "Well, yeah, the store's closed." I just wanted to tell him, there is a 12 day wait before we can even diagnose your computer because stupid people like you phone the tech (notice the singular form of the word techs) every 2 minutes. If someone didn't call you as soon as your computer was fixed, the entire store would be full of computers waiting to be picked up.