Friday, April 30, 2004

ANOTHER SIGN OF THE TIMES

People are getting stupid . I was in Wall Mart today looking for an axe. They had hachets but no full size axes. I joked with the sporting goods manager by asking why a huge store like Wall Mart did't sell axes. He explained that the reason they don't sell axes is because there is a chance that a disgruntled empoyee or maybe a customer could go crazy and use one of the axes. I laughed because I thought he was joking. But he assured me he wasn't kidding. Then I said, well what about the hachets? They would do the job. He relied , well you don't have the range of motion with a hachet that you have with a bigger axe. And further he said , we don't sell matches anymore in case anyone wants to start a fire in here. Maybe It's just that I'm smarter than most people but right away I realized that you don't need Wal Mart matches to start a fire and you can bring your own axe. I don't think they're that stupid either, just crazy. If anyone reading this wants to start a fire in Wal Mart, bring your own matches but you can find all the camping gas you'll need, right there in the store.

No comments: