Sunday, May 02, 2004

Superstore....Not so super after all!

I really hate going to superstore. I hate everything about it. Unfortunately, their unbeatably low prices trump the fact that the entire rest of the experience is awful.

We ran there to get a few things, and I was reminded of some of the reasons why I hate it. Here are the top three:

#3: Their produce is always bad. Well, almost always, but definitely more often than not. The few things we wanted (green peppers, pears, tomatoes), were not looking too good.

#2: It's always crowded. Disgustingly crowded. I guess no one else can resist the low prices either. The worst thing about the one in country hills though, is that there are giant pillars down every third or fourth aisle. So giant that only one cart can get by at once. This does not make for a pleasant experience when it's so crowded to begin with.

And the number one reason I hate Superstore is.......(drum roll)......

#1: Bags. That's right, bags. No, it's not that I have to pack my own groceries, which I do. Or even that I have to pay for each bag I use, which I also have to do. What bothers me is that the stupid cashiers cannot seem to start scanning the groceries without knowing the exact number of bags that I will be needing. Let me explain.

I start unpacking my groceries on the counter. Immediately out of the cashier's mouth comes the phrase "How many bags do you want today?".

This is my pet peeve. How am I supposed to know?? Most of my groceries are still in the cart. 5, 10, 15??? Your guess is as good as mine, lady. This was not a one time occurence either. No, it has happened to me everytime I have ever shopped at Superstore. The worst of it is that they seem unable to start scanning groceries until I give them the number. They leave the groceries on the counter and stare at you until you give them the number. I feel like saying, "Why don't you just start already. I'll let you know about the bags later".

Tracie, Unable to properly convey the frustrated emotions that go along with #1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all superstores have bad produce. The one near my house is always fresh. Not all superstores are crowded! Don't say you hate "superstore", you just hate that superstore. And the whole bag thing isn't a big deal. You can ask for more while you're packing them in, just give them 4 cents. You get pretty annoyed easily, lol... you're like a little kid, gosh.