Sunday, November 28, 2004

ONE TICKET SCRATCHED

I took my two tickets to the crown prosecutors office and told him that I didn't think I was guilty of the charge of having an unsafe load. I don't know if he completely agreed with me but he was visably sympathetic. He said he would study up on the case to see if I could be ticketed on a lesser charge and therefor have to pay less money. ( the existing ticket was for $375) When I went back to see him he had forgotten all about what he said he would do. He started making a few phone calls and I suggested; why don't we just split the difference on the tickets? He felt guilty for causing me an extra trip to see him so he said he would have the one ticket cancelled. I don't think it was much of a favour though cause I don't think I was guilty to begin with. In court I sat right next to a hells angel. As I sat there I wondered if sitting by him would prejudice the judge. But no, I didn't have to pay the $375.

No comments: