Monday, August 02, 2004

The Best Movie Evar

You know when you are a kid and you leave the cinema just after a movie and you are all excited and jumping around because you have just seen the coolest thing a nine-year-old can imagine? I haven't felt that way in a long time. Once you hit your teens and have been jaded by the mass media, and are very hard to impress, movies just don't hit you the way they used to.

That being said, Napoleon Dynamite is the one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. We went to see it the other day. I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I laughed the whole way back to the car, and we had to park six blocks away.

The movie is about a kid named Napoleon Dynamite. Imagine every nerdy, misfit, weird kid you know, and roll them into one.

At one point, Napolean tries his hand at the ladies. He sits down in the cafeteria across from a girl and works his charm saying "I see you're drinking 1% milk. Is that because you think you're fat? Because you're not. You could probably be drinking whole milk."

In anycase, you should see this movie. When it comes out on video rent it if your town it too small to have realatively obscure movies come to the theater there.

-Gary Milner, Still Laughing


No comments: