Thursday, August 05, 2004

Cell Phone Phound

Tracie and I were out jogging today when, I spied a cell phone lying in the gutter. I picked it up and ran the rest of the way with it in my hand.



When I got home, I tried to ascertain who the phone belonged to. There were 5 missed calls, so I tried to call them back, but the service had already been blocked. When I got home I tried calling from there. I eventually got hold of the guy and he came over and picked it up. As he was about to leave, he offered me a reward, and I accepted it. I want to make it perfectly clear, that he already had the phone, and that I never once even mentioned the idea of a reward. The reward was $20. I would have been happy simply doing a good deed for the kid, but I was made even happier by the kid's reward.

Tracie says she is disappointed that I accepted the reward. She says that I shouldn't have accepted it. I'm beginning to wish that I had just kept the phone.

What do you think, friends, family, and loyal readers? Should have I refused the reward?

-Gary Milner

ps. I didn't want to offend him by not taking it.



No comments: