Friday, May 02, 2003

Roommate Update

I came home from Medicine Hat this afternoon and the house seemed to be in good shape, nothing broken - the oven wasn't left on, and the lights were all out. Nobody was home and things seemed good. I went to teach swimming lessons and when I got back I noticed a strong scent of my cologne in my room. I hadn't used any of it for a while now so I was suspicious. It seems that someone had spilt it sometime after I left and before I got back. I decided then that maybe it's time for Jason to move out. Not only was he stealing from me but he was in my room stealing from me - and he knows that he is NEVER allowed to go in my room. I'll give him until the end of the month. Now in the mean time I've got to find more roommates.

Ants

I have a little ant problem. Actually the ants are little and the problem is big. There are about three anthills in my front lawn (four if you can't the little one) and they are peeking up so high that if I mow over them the blades rub down on them sending sand and dirt flying everywhere - not to mention ants. It has gotten so bad that I actually mowed around the anthills. I also applied some diametrious earth, which is supposed to be the best way to get rid of ants and other insects and so far so good. They don't seem very lively now, in fact there isn't a single ant to be seen.

Lawnmower

When I went out to mow this evening I decided to mow my front lawn first because it was looking like such a jungle compared to all the neighbours that had just mowed yesterday and today. It was lucky that I did because when I got to the back and finished about one quarter of the lawn back there the lawnmower made a bad sound. It was one of those bad sounds that are accompanied by a very bad vibration and the sinking feeling that this particular lawn won't be mowed tonight. As well the feeling that - "Oh no you've just wrecked Anna's lawnmower!" I guess it's not such a big deal, she said she was going to give it to me anyway when she moves, but I still felt bad for wrecking it. I shouldn't feel bad though, because it's not like it was something that I did, it was just the lawnmower Gods calling their sweet beater of a 3.5 horsepower mower back to whence it came. Now I can go out and get something with a little power, a nice 6 horsepower lawn-devouring machine. I bet you with one of those I could mow my whole lawn a hell of a lot faster than six horses could eat it.

No comments: