Thursday, May 15, 2003

Jeff Milner Movie Review - Understanding The Matrix Reloaded

Whoa! Last night I went to see The Matrix Reloaded (Official Site | Trailer) with Anna-Maria and some of her friends. As expected The Matrix Reloaded was filled with really long fight scenes, a bunch of bad dialogue, a boatload of amazing special effects, oh and did I mention some really long kung fu fight scenes? Overall I thought it was a cool movie but I was hoping for something more. It had the potential to go in all sorts of new directions but instead they just waste time in meaningless kung fu battles. When I say meaningless - I mean exactly that, the fight scene where Neo takes on hundreds of replicated agents ends when Neo gets bored and flys away. How stupid is that? What was the point?

In case it's not self-evident, this movie is not for Mom and Dad. As much as I thought you might like the first one, (I don't know what I was thinking) you will absolutely hate this movie.

New Lawn Mower

I finally got a new lawnmower and I must say I'm really pleased. 6.25 horsepower and boy does it mow like crazy. When I was out working on the yard my neighbour, Steve, came by to compliment me by telling me that in the short time I lived here I had already done more work keeping the place in shape than the six guys living there before me did in two years! I really haven't done much but I guess something is better than nothing.

California Oreo Lovers Rejoice

A couple of nights ago, I heard on the news that some lawyer in California was trying to get Oreo Cookies banned in California because they are too unhealthy. It looks like he's given up. Thank goodness - nevertheless does what he say make you less likely to enjoy the tempting treat of Oreo Cookies?

Star Wars Kid Interview

The Star Wars kid has been identified... The full story here!

No comments: