Monday, May 26, 2003

I think I'll get a chauffeur

Like Gary said, I was quite upset after the break in. Not so much because our cd's were gone, but mostly I just felt violated knowing that someone went through our stuff. We had all of our information in there and some pictures from our trip, so this creep knew who we were, what we looked like, where we live, our phone number and our taste in music.

Anyway, I was feeling so sorry for myself that yesterday at work I decided to tell everyone what happened so that I could get a little sympathy. As it turns out, every person I talked to had been robbed themselves, only way worse than us. One lady had all of her tires stolen off her car - rims, hubcaps and everything. She said it cost her $500 each side to replace and it took a week to do it because they had to order the parts from Vancouver. She said that another guy we work with got all of his windows smashed.

After hearing that story, I started to feel a little better about only having my cd's taken, but I decided I'd try someone else to get some sympathy. I told another coworker my sob story, and once again I was outdone. She said that last year when her car was broken into, they took her wallet and camera and they tried to hot wire her car, but luckily were unsuccessful. She said it was a huge headache, and only a year later does she think that she's finally replaced everything in her wallet. Now I just felt guilty for being upset over stupid cd's.

The interesting thing about all of these stories is that they all happened in the parking lot of Sunridge mall in NE Calgary. All of those people have now bought parking passes for the hospital parking lot, but I think I'm still too cheap for that. From now on I'll just have Gary drive me to work.

No comments: