Monday, February 17, 2003

Tracie told you about the skiing. It was really fun, and we might go again here in town tomorrow morning. It was really nice to get out to the mountains. We haven't been that far west together in quite a long time. Tracie had a little mishap with skis and poles sliding down the side of the car, but I'm not quite sure if she learned her lesson or not. It only happened once, but that's once to many times. The Nordic Center in Canmore is where they had the cross country skiing events during the olympics back in '88 that's 1988 for you non-y2k compliant types. It was surprisingly busy considering real skiing is so much funner. Although I had a good time, the downhill parts were a welcome respite from the flats and uphills. At times it seemed like it would be equally or more effective just to walk without the skis.


Lunch made the whole trip worth while. Since I am neither Mary-Ann nor Mom, I will not be describing how delicious the food was nor how mouth watering it was. I realise that I may have used that joke in the past, but it bears repeating. The first official day of reading week has passed all my expectations with flying colours. Tomorrow the plan is for me to go to my group meeting and then for Tracie and I to go to the wave pool in the south. We need to have some hot tub action, along with the soothing rocking motion of the faux ocean. Wednesday, we are looking at going snowboarding. I'm not sure if I want to just try to learn by ourselves, or if we should go for a lesson. A lesson might be a good idea because I don't know if I could pick it up with out a few pointers from someone who knows what they are doing. I guess I could always take my skis and just switch back to a real sport if I don't like snowboarding. Anyway. I'm going to bed.

No comments: