Thursday, February 06, 2003

Tracie and I went to see confessions of a dangerous mind last night. It was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. I mean you wouldn't write home about it, but you might discuss it on your web log. It's the (maybe true) story of the guy who invented the newly wed game, the gong show and the dating game along with a whole crap load of other game shows that you've never heard about. Anyway, he gets recruited by the CIA to become a hitman. I liked the fact that it was different from most other movies that I have seen. The main drawback (for me at least) was that it showed him as a tv producer some of the time, and as a hitman/spy some of the time. Both were entertaining, but in trying to show both, it did an exceptional job of neither sides of his life. Sometimes it tried to be a comedy and sometime more of an action drama.

The only thing I can think of for this blog, is to continue on posting. I don't think Jackie will be joining, but maybe we should reinvite her with a little tutorial of how to work the site. She may or may not have any good stories anyway. She never emails me. I didn't even know she was going to California until Mom told me. Maybe Anna-Maria Onomatapia and Tracie will get their act together. Secretly, I'm hoping for a juggling act.

I'll leave you with a little bit of wisdom I've picked up along the way: Use ordinary fonts. Fancy fonts, like "Cosmic" or "Alien Fart," will make your story seem more interesting at first glance, but they don't actually make it any better.

No comments: