Thursday, July 22, 2004

I Am Really Handsome

I was playing with my scanner today. I was going to scan my butt, but I didn't want to break the scanner, so I scanned my hand. I made this picture with photoshop. I thought that it was interesting enough to warrant posting.



Risk Update

Tracie and I have now played two games of Risk. She won the first game and I won the second game. I really enjoy playing Risk, but it's not like a lot of other games. Take Sorry!, for example, it is a game based purely on luck. There isn't a lot that you can to to influence the outcome of the game. Scrabble is a game base entirely on skill, but no matter how one player plays, it doesn't really affect the other person. It isn't an attack on them. Even chess, a game that isn't really influence by luck (most of the time) and you are attacking the other player doesn't seem to have the effect of Risk.

People get really worked up, about it sometimes. Mainly about the luck based portions of the game. No one cares if you like to get Australia or South America first. Successfully defend using one army against eight, and boy do people get ticked off pretty fast. I've had some amazingly good streaks with the dice that had Jeff enraged. To add insult to injury, it seemed as if the madder he got, the better my dice got, and the funnier it was to me.

Untill the shoe is on the other foot.

Anyway, Jeff linked to a Risk Probability Calculator back in May, and I'm passing it on to you.

No comments: