Thursday, July 15, 2004

Gary 3 Cops 0

I was back downtown fighting my photo radar ticket today. They only printed my name on the ticket, and both Tracie and I are registered owners. He knocked it down to $40.00 from $85.00.

I initially asked him to throw it out, but he said he couldn't. I assume that only a judge could do that. The prosecutor said that it wasn't a good reason to get rid of the ticket because it would be a loop hole for corporations with entire fleets of vehicles. I thought that excuse for not letting me off was pretty lame, because although corporations do have hundreds, even thousands of owners, the corporation is treated as only one entity. I wish I would have thought of that at the time.

In any case, he said he was already taking more than half off my ticket. Thanks for the $2.50 by the way.

After getting three tickets reduced, I'm beginning to think that they lower anybodies ticket just for asking. Even if you weren't wrongfully accused like I was.

Pancake Breakfast

I attended my first Calgary pancake breakfast today. It was across the street from my legal wrangling. Talk about a crappy pancake breakfast. They were cooking the pancakes out of the back of several chuck wagons. After an eternity of waiting I got my food, but they didn't have plates, there was no syrup, and no juice. I have to admit that it was a little bit of a let down.

Pancake Breakfast 2

I attended my second Calgary pancake breakfast today. After being completly let down at the breakfast downtown in Olympic Plaza, I went to the one at the Northland Mall. The lines were a lot longer there, but they were giving out juice boxes, 2 pancakes each and a patty style sausage. It gave me the knowledge that not all pancake breakfasts were so shafty. I would have gone back for more, but the lines were so long that it wouldn't have been worth it.

-Gary Milner

No comments: