Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Birthday Fun

Today was my birthday. Here is the rundown of the day.

1. Slept in. Gary was fighting his ticket downtown, so I stayed in bed. It was nice. I didn't shower until about 10:00.

2. Had a barbecue lunch out on the deck with Gary. We made steak, noodles and fruit salad. For desert we had cinnamon buns. Very yummy. Thanks Gary!

3. Had a nap. I can't explain it, but every day for the last few weeks I've been getting really sleepy in the early afternoon. It doesn't seem to matter what time I went to bed or how long I slept the night before. It's been tough fighting the urge when I'm working. The phone kept ringing though, so it wasn't the best nap.

4. Went to the superstore...bought some groceries and looked at clothes. I need some new shorts and I thought that Superstore might have some decent clothes...afterall, Walmart and Zellers sell some good things. I was wrong.

5. Went out for dinner with Gary to Chianti's. We'd never been there before, but I heard about it through some people I work with. Not a nice (aka:fancy) restaurant, but definitely nice (aka:tasty).

6. Hurried home to make it in time for my parents' visit. It's my mom's birthday today too. We visited for a bit, but they weren't able to stay long, and headed back out. They bought me a weed whip for my birthday. It was a joint present for Gary and I since his birthday was two weeks ago. Our yard will hopefully be ship shape in no time.

7. Watched the last period of the game. Wow. 4-1 for Calgary. Not a bad start.

Well, that's about it. It was overall a good day...certainly not my most exciting birthday, but good anyway.

-Tracie...Another year wiser...

No comments: