Monday, May 17, 2004

Please Kick Me in the Face

On Friday May 14, 2004 Calgary Police Service members
responded to a fight in progress at Lester B Pearson High
School as students were leaving the building for the lunch
hour. Upon arrival several youths were engaged in a physical
confrontation in front of an audience of over 100 people. The
responding officers acted to stop the initial fight when a
large crowd of youths turned on the officers. One officer
was kicked in the face during this altercation, which
prompted calls for further police assistance. This larger
altercation was quickly diffused by police, the necessary
arrests were made, and the situation was brought under
control without further incident.

When members of the crowd turned on the police, officers
utilized O.C.spray to help repel the attackers. Those
persons who were struck with the O.C. sprayed were
decontaminated or offered decontamination.

There were no reports of weapons in this event, and no
further injuries were reported.

When you are observing a fight getting broken up by the *Police* what makes you as a member of the crowd turn on the officers? Maybe you are so mad that you didn't get to see blood spilled by the two combatants that it becomes incumbent upon you to kick a police officer in the FACE.

All day on the news yesterday, they had one of the kids who was arrested whining that the police punched him and kneeled on him as they were arresting him. In order to sound less racist and more xenophobic, all I am going to say is that it is lucky the kid was in Canada.

As much as I have complained about the police in the past, I have to admit that the only times I have ever even had any contact with them is when I have been breaking traffic laws. They have never physically harmed me or accused me of doing something I never did. Then again, I have never attacked a police officer or kicked someone in the face.

-Gary Milner

ps. If anyone knows how to program in VBA, please let me know in the comments. I am looking into taking a course and I am wondering which one would be the best for me.

No comments: