Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I Fell Into a Burning Ring of Fire: Roasted Shark

Tracie and I have been watching more hockey since the Olympics. By more, I mean we have seen 4 or 5 games. It's getting even worse now that there is such Flames fever running rampant through Calgary.

It's funny, we've lived here for almost 4 years, and there hasn't been a word about the Flames spoken in all that time up until they hit the playoffs. Not that I haven't jumped onto the Flames bandwagon myself, and not that there is anything wrong with jumping onto the bandwagon.

In a way, I wish I new more about hockey. I know the basic rules, but I really don't know the finer points of the game. I'm not sure exactly what exactly makes icing icing, or why icing is bad in hockey but so good on cake. I don't know why sometimes you are allowed to hit the other players with your stick but not other times. I do know that a two line pass is bad, but it slows down the game, and makes breakaways that much harder. A coke addict once told me to never pass on two lines, but I figure he was talking about something else.

In any case, go Flames go!

-Gary Milner

No comments: