Friday, January 30, 2004

Video Games Make You Lose Weight

There is a video game called Dance Dance Revolution. They have it at the University arcade. The idea of the game is that you have to step on different combinations of buttions on the floor of the game. You do it to the beat of the song that is played along with directions as to which button you have to step on. The music and button combos get faster and more complicated as the game progresses. Thus making you dance faster and faster. Here is the story of one girl who became hooked on this game.

"I started playing Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) at the age of 17 with the very first version that was released to the United States, DDR Version 1.5. The first time I saw the game was at Gameworks arcade in Seattle, where tons of people were crowded around the DDR machine to watch different players dance. At this time, I was a senior in high school and weighed about 235 lbs. Four and a half years later, I now weigh close to 140 lbs and I would’ve never guessed how much that trip (OR a video game) would affect me with my health/weight, and in growing to be a better, more self-confident person."

continued...

I'm personally not a big fan of the game (no pun intended), but this girl's story just goes to show how much doing a little exercise will affect your body.

-Gary Milner, just dance dance away the pounds.

No comments: