Monday, February 02, 2004

Old Man Crashes My Car On Superbowl Sunday

Before you get worried, there is no damage to my car.

I was in a parking lot and had backed out of my space and stopped because an old guy was blocking me from turning enough to be able to drive away. Before I was able to shift into first to pull back into my space, the old guy started backing up. I felt that I wouldn't have time to pull forward so I started honking, but he kept on backing up and rubbed the back left of his car against my bumper all the way from his bumper to about half a foot in front of his rear tire. It left a large black mark about three inches wide and three feet long on the side of his car.

I got all of his information, he seemed pretty annoyed, and I get the feeling he may try to pin it on me, but out of pure luck, two ladies came up to me and asked if I needed witnesses. It was so nice of them. I got their information. It was lucky that I honked, because when they heard it, they both turned to look at what was happening and saw the whole thing.

I went in to my insurance company this morning to talk to them and get some advise. I told them my story and they entered it into the computer. They basically said that I should just wait and see what the guy does, because he may just admit to being in the wrong. I really hope so.

-Gary Milner's car is not a farmer's market

No comments: