Saturday, August 02, 2003

Two Down, Just Me to Go

So Gary and Jackie both beat me in the wedding race. It hasn't really bothered me up till now, and in fact it still doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the harassment that I've been getting lately. "When are YOOOOOUUU getting married Jeff?" I told you, I don't know now get off my back already. I know Anna-Maria seems to be the perfect girl for me and now does seem like a pretty good time to get engaged, but I'm thinking am I really ready? Is there any good reason not to? Last time I was engaged it was a close call. I’m really glad that I didn't get hitched and not that Anna-Maria is anything like the previous girlfriend, but at the same time I think we are pretty happy the way we are and I really want us to both make sure it's the right thing to do. I'm thinking this post is a touch on the personal side but what the hell is this blog for if I can't even post what's really on my mind. I guess that's why I shouldn't go telling everyone about it if I want to have a place to vent without feeling like everyone is reading my mind. Anyway I digress....

Glen and Jackie's wedding reception was absolutely wonderful tonight. Anna-Maria gave a particularly beautiful singing number - I don't know what anyone who suggested that she should do another song was thinking, because it really was perfect. The slide show went down without a hitch and many people came up to me afterwards to compliment me on it. I'm glad they liked it and even though it wasn't nearly as good as I would have liked it to be, it did really feel pretty good that so many people told me that they liked it so much.

Gary's House Warming Party

Since Tracie was so nice as to plan me that big family get together back in June, I thought it was only fair if I planned a house warming party for Gary and Tracie for the weekend of August 23rd or 24th. When I say plan I actually mean, tell them to get ready because we're coming. It should involve a BBQ, a large variety of pop and chips and perhaps even a piñata. Everyone loves a piñata!

I'd rather be rich than stupid

I've been thinking about finishing my degree in the States lately. I'm wondering if I can take a similar (if not the same stuff) that I'm taking at the University of Lethbridge under the pretence of getting a Bachelor of Fine Arts only get a Batchelor of Science degree at Cal State Monterey. If I’m going to do it, I’ll have to do it by this January otherwise I will probably not be able to use all of the classes I have taken so far. I’ll keep you updated.

No comments: