Sunday, August 03, 2003

Wedding Race

We didn't just beat you by a nose, be beat you by a couple of furlongs.

You can't escape dumb qustions from prying people. As soon as you get married people start asking when you are going to have kids. It never ends. I don't think that people really mean anything by it, mostly they're just joking or grasping at straws trying to make conversation. Although, they should just talk about mad cow disease or the Rolling Stones SARS concert in Toronto. Possibly the war against some terrorists. Why for example are the Basques and the IRA being left out of the current situation.

Jackie's Reception

I agree that the reception went very well. It seemed that people started taking the tables and chairs down a little quickly, which dampened the party pretty quickly. The slide show was particularly good even if I shouldn't have let Photoshop use the default settings to resize the photos that I took. You couldn't really see the jpg compression artifacts, but a few of the pics did seem a little blurry.

House

We got moved into our house last night. By that I mean all of our stuff is there now. We still have to unpack everything. Hopefully it will go by quickly. We met our neighbours on both sides of the house and on of them and his two nephews actually helped us carry a lot of our stuff into the house. It only took an hour tops. It was really nice of them, especially since the nephews were here on vacation from Newfoundland. Newfies are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.

We still haven't decided if we want our bedroom to be upstairs or downstairs. Right now it's downstairs, and I kind of like it because there is an ensuite bathroom. The laundry room is in there also which is a bit of a drawback, but other than that we just have to decide how to position the bed.

I think that Ralph is planning to bring the piano pretty soon and maybe stop by Raymond on the way to pick up a queen size bed from Tracie's Grandma. Gail seems to want a new couch pretty bad, so maybe we'll be getting her old one to put by the tv.

We Had A Lot of Luck With That Truck

Dad lent us his truck to help with the move and it was a lifesaver. I don't know what we would have done without it. I'm actually quite sad that we had to bring it back to Medicine Hat. I offered to trade my Civic for Dad's Toyota, but he wouldn't go for it. Maybe I should tell him that I'll have a baby and convince Jeff to get married right away.

That might be worth a new truck. How about it Dad?

-Gary Milner Internet Superstar

Ps. I'm trying to get google to return the blog as the top search result for "Gary Milner Internet Superstar" I wonder how long it will take. I'm guessing it will take a few days.

No comments: