Monday, May 15, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

I started a new job with the company that makes phone books and yellow pages today. They also have online phone directories and maps.

Today it was my job to sort out the paperwork that is generated when a business orders an advert in the yellow pages. Soon I will learn how to use the scanner to scan the pages into the system.

I imagine they are doing this so that when someone calls in to talk about their ad, the operator can type the person's number into the computer and then see all the paperwork that the person has completed. It would be very handy to have that all scanned and in the database.

It is my opinion that banks should do this with their signature cards as well so that you can go into any branch, with id and your debit card and be able to do any transaction there is.

In anycase then new job is very repetative and somewhat monotonus.

-Gary Milner

No comments: