Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Working IS a Total Waste of a Day

Although at least I do get to talk to people and get the occasional funny story. Like this one for example: I was doing a survey the other day, and giving the opening spiel, "We are doing a survey about your dining experiences". "What did you say?" asked the elderly lady on the other end, "my dying experiences?" "No, your dining experiences". "Ohhhhh," she laughed, "Well I'm 98 years old. I wouldn't be any help with that - I have a hard time thinking clearly these days." I wonder what's on her mind.

When Life Gives You Lemons - Clone Them and Make SUPER Lemons

Jackie has been hanging out with me yesterday and today and she talked to Geoff Vaz on MSN. Apparently he and Devin Wallace went to Thailand together to put together an International shipping company where they get things that cost less money from Thailand shipped over to Canada where they can sell them for Canadian prices. Devin paid for his trip by starting a little window washing company and Jackie and I are pretty convinced that washing windows is actually a really good idea. I even already have a ladder, but it's too big to move around without a truck or a trailer. I wonder if my small stepladder would work. Anyway I really think this window-washing thing is a good idea. According to Geoff Vaz, Devon was making approximately $40 an hour!

Party On Dude

Questions I get about the party this weekend include:

Q. Are you doing anything fun like kayaking or anything?
A. We don't have any plans yet but kayaking sounds fun.

Q. What is your work schedule for Friday and Saturday?
A. I am scheduled for work both days but I will try and get Saturday off.

Q. Who is bringing the BBQ?
A. I asked Gary if he was bringing a BBQ and he said, "How could I bring a barbeque? Mom and Dad will have to." Then I said, "You guys said you had a small one you could bring," to which Gary replied, "I don't remember that because we don't have a small one."

Q. What can we do instead of a BBQ?
A. We could just go to a park and have a campfire.

Q. If we had a campfire what would we eat?
A. Mom could make hobo dinners and we could have smores.

Q. How early can everyone make it to the party?
A. Well I have to work until 9:30 or so, Jackie may still be in Lethbridge and Gary and Tracie will get here at around 10:00pm at the earliest and maybe a little later. I still don't know what time Mom and Dad will arrive but I assume with Dad playing the violin that night that it won't be until late also.

Q. Do you know when the Milner family reunion starts?
A. That's unrelated to party business but it starts on Friday 28 June 2003 at approximately 5:00pm. You are just supposed to arrive at Kimball Park anytime after 5:00, set up camp, and then the activities start the next morning with breakfast.

Q. Do you like your new job?
A. THAT'S NOT PARTY BUSINESS! Ok, but I'll humour you. I do like my new job. It is okay but it certainly doesn't pay $40 an hour. In fact that's my only complaint really - $8 / hour just isn't enough.

No comments: