Sunday, June 29, 2003

Reunion Revisited

The reunion was pretty fun. Although it went pretty much as I expected, I visited mainly with my own family. Tracie and I really enjoyed tubing down the river. It was the highlight of the trip for us.

What a stroke of luck it was for us to win all those prizes. I really like the painting that Alice did, I'm glad that I won when I did. At the next family reunion, Dad needs to bring a wood carving for the draw. I think that one of his carvings would rival Joyce's blankets.

It was a little embarassing to win twice in a row, but I don't think that anyone really knew who Tracie even was. I don't introduce her nearly enough, but, except Uncles and Aunts I don't really know anybody's names anyway. Even when people do introduce themselves to me, there are always 4 or 5 people there and they rattle the names off way too quickly for me to catch anyway. I'm thinking that for my new year's resolution this year, I will start caring about what people's names are and make an effort to learn them. Learning and remembering people's names is one of the big points in the book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I think that it's probably true.

-Gary Milner

No comments: